Re: THIS IS HOT!!!

Maurice A. O'Sullivan (mauros@iol.ie)
Tue, 11 Feb 1997 14:56:35 +0000

At 09:30 11/02/97 -0500, Jonathan Robie <jwrobie@mindspring.com> wrote:
>If you want to help stop this kind of spam, I have the following suggestions:
>
>1. Send mail to the postmaster of the original site. In this case, since the
>mail came from IDEAS1948@aol.com, send a copy of the original mail to
>postmaster@aol.com. It is helpful if lots of people do this, since it puts
>pressure on the postmaster to do something.

Jonathan:

Indeed it does!

After the previous spam from an AOL customer, I mailed the lot INCLUDING the
CC list ( I agree, this is important ) and within a day a reply from someone
at AOL to tell me that action had been taken -- mind you, there was an
addendum that " because of legal reasons " he was unable to tell me what
this action was !!

Regards,

Maurice

Maurice A. O'Sullivan [ Bray, Ireland ]
mauros@iol.ie

[using Eudora Pro v 2.2 and Trumpet Winsock 3.0d ]