Re: 1st year Greek grammars & workbooks

Ronald Wong (dogtoy@isgroup.net)
Sun, 16 Feb 1997 14:15:48 -0500

Paul Dixon - Ladd Hill Bible Church wrote:

> Within the next fews weeks I plan to teach beginner Greek to a group of
> men in our church. I've done this before using Machen's grammar and no
> workbood, and Goetchius' grammar and workbook.
>
> I am open to seriously considering alternatives. I would appreciate any
> feedback. I have looked at Mounce's grammar and workbook and Summer's.
> Anybody have input on either of these, or on something else? Thanks.
>
> Paul S. Dixon, pastor
> Ladd Hill Bible Church
> Wilsonville, Oregon
Sir.

I think the question of grammar will and is best decided on how indepth
do you plan to make this first year course. Is your objective to
familiarize them with the foundations of greek? If so, though dated,
Summers offers the a solid intro to the language which is easily stepped
up into the intermediate grammar, Dana and Mantey.
just a thought, sir.

R. Wong
O'Brien, FL.
dogtoy@isgroup.net