Re: Galatians 3:28 ARSEN KAI QHLU

James H. Vellenga (jhv0@viewlogic.com)
Wed, 19 Feb 97 09:04:34 EST

Eric,

Several years ago I read an article that tried to argue that
the AND made a difference in terms of whether men and women were
equal (the argument, made from a feminist point of view, was that
the AND indicated a closer degree of equality). But it seems to me
that this is a straightforward quotation from Gen 1.27.

Hence, something like

Here there is no Jew or Greek, here there is no slave or free,
here there is no "male and female".

Regards,
j.v.