Down the road from John 21

John M. Moe (John.M.Moe-1@tc.umn.edu)
Wed, 19 Feb 1997 12:20:00 +0000

I received the following from David Mckay. From the context I assume he
intended it for the List and am taking the liberty of forwarding it.
(John Moe)

John Moe writes:
> The following quote from Louw, and Nida occured.
>
> "There is, however, one significant clue to possible meaningful
> differences in at least some contexts, namely, the fact that people
> arenever commanded to love one another with filew or filia, but only
> with agapaw and agaph."

I don't want to argue with Louw and Nida, but...
But what about Hebrews 13:1
hH FILADELFIA MENETW

And why are all compounds of love formed on FILEW and not AGAPAW?

David McKay
musichouse@onaustralia.com.au
BTW, as the ARXH of this thread (via the theology list), may I say
thanks?
It has been very interesting. I have also appreciated the time people
took
to respond to my questions about which Bible versions they use, some
time
ago.

If "a day with the Lord is as a thousand years" and "a week is a long
time
in politics" then may I say that a few days seem like years ago in
email!