Re[2]: Idioms - off thread

Wes.Williams@twcable.com
Fri, 21 Feb 97 11:12:08 MST

Greekroy@aol.com wrote:

>Actually, it's a very interesting issue to biblical Greek. I would
>be very interested in a discussion of Aramaic/Hebrew idioms that had
>been translated to Greek in the LXX and NT as literal. These literal
>translations of idioms sometimes underpin entire theological dogmata.

Which brings up a good question that I've wondered lately. Where's
Will Wagers with his "Hyperliteral Translation Page?" I've pondered
what he would do with the 2 Kings 9:8 "and I will cut off from Ahab
him that pisseth against the wall,"

Rahlfs: 2 Kings 9:8 KAI EXOLEQREUSEIS TW OIKW ACAAB OUROUNTA PROS
TOICON

Sincerely,
Wes Williams