Re: Romans 7:22 KATA TON ESW ANQRWPON

Jonathan Robie (jwrobie@mindspring.com)
Sun, 23 Feb 1997 17:56:27 -0500

At 05:40 PM 2/23/97 -0500, Ronald Wong wrote:

>Jonathan...
>How does the tension work in Paul then? He sees it objectively and
>continues to live both lives? :)
>If Paul doesn't identify with the sin...how then v 21? :)
>If the both nature within his self are not identified, why the struggle,
>if there is a struggle? :)

Ron, I'm going to duck your question by saying that we're getting way beyond
any questions related to the Greek here. I think that Romans 7 is pretty
difficult theologically. If you want my current understanding, as of 10 a.m.
this morning, I'll send you the sermon I preached today ;->

>being an amateur in greek doesn't help me at all here. :)

I'm also an amateur in Greek, and even less of a theologian. Hanging around
here is a good way to learn Greek, though.

Jonathan

Jonathan Robie
Ph: 919.598.5728 Fax: 919.598.6728
email: jwrobie@mindspring.com, jonathan@poet.com