Re: Romans 1:20 apo ktisews kosmou tois poihmasin *nooumena* *kaqoratai*

Isidoros (ioniccentre@hol.gr)
Sun, 2 Mar 1997 21:47:51 -0200 (GMT)

Jonathan Robie wrote:

>I'm not sure about the phrase NOOUMMENA KAQORATAI in this verse:
>
>Roma 1:20 (GNT) ta gar aorata autou apo ktisews kosmou tois poihmasin
>nooumena kaqoratai, h te aidios autou dunamis kai qeioths.....

Translation:

"(and so, O QEOS)
those (matters) that are from the construction (the "active" creation) of
the (ordered) world unseen (invisible) about Him, to the "makers" [tois
POIMASIN: to those that "make (imagings)", those "ponding accross",
the "poets" - and, in this respect, to - the "(perception) defining seers"]
he makes by "vision" knowable (by revelation he makes perceptible and
understood)"

Hope this, too, helps.

Isidoros
ioniccentre@hol.gr