Re: Mnemonics for the order of the alphabet

Glenn L. Weaver (glweaver@poboxes.com)
Mon, 14 Apr 1997 14:04:56 +0000

My first year Greek prof, Ronn Johnson, taught us a song which was a
*VERY* effective way for us to remember the alphabet. Sing the Greek
alphabet to the tune of "Mame's little baby loves shortnin' bread."
When you stop at the major break in the song, you should have
completed M. N resumes the song. I'll vouce for it--it really
works! (When it came to quiz time, we would invariably hear a
student humming the tune :-) )

Does anyone know any such device for the Hebrew alphabet?

---> http://www.netforward.com/poboxes/?glweaver
---> http://www.netforward.com/poboxes/?gracecc
---> http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Acropolis/6019