Re: 2 Cor 4:17

Jonathan Robie (jwrobie@mindspring.com)
Fri, 18 Apr 1997 21:45:43 -0400

Andrew Kulikovsky <anku@celsiustech.com.au> wrote:

>I am having trouble understanding the second part of this verse.
>The first part, TO GAR PARAUTIKA ELAFRON THS QLIYEWS HMWN I translate
>as: "For our momentary, light trials..."
>but I can't make any sense out of the rest of the verse:
>KAQ UPERBOLH EIS UPERBOLH AIWNION BAROS DOXHS KATERGAZETAI HMIN

hUPERBOLH means "incomparable" or "exceedingly"; Robertson's Word Pictures
says that "KAQ hUPERBOLH EIS hUPERBOLH" means "more and more exceedingly".
The phrase "AIWNION BAROS DOXHS" means eternal weight of glory.

Jonathan

Jonathan Robie jwrobie@mindspring.com http://www.mindspring.com/~jwrobie
POET Software, 3207 Gibson Road, Durham, N.C., 27703 http://www.poet.com