RE: EN + dative in Eph 5:18

Edgar,

Your interpretation / translation presents the idea that the Spirit is
the *content* of the filling which is what I objected to in my original
post on grammatical grounds.

It is all very well and good to appeal to historical background but not
at the expense of disregarding the semantics of the grammar. The grammar
can tell you what the possible meanings are, and then you look at the
historical and grammatical context to choose the most sensible meaning.
But your interpretation is ruled out by the extreme improbability or
impossibility of EN+dative indicating the *content* of filling.

Eric Weiss posted a quote from Wallace's grammar regarding the
interpretation of this passage. No-one has yet made any comment or
responded at all to Wallace's comments so does anyone out there have any
objections to his interpretation?

Andrew S. Kulikovsky B.App.Sc(Hons) MACS
Software Engineer
CelsiusTech Australia
Module 6 Endeavor House
Fouth Ave, Technology Park