meaning EAN

Filloi,

While reading in 1 John last night I cam across EAN in 1 John 2:28 which
the NIV translates as "when". I was confused by this because EAN is made
up of EI + AN and AN makes a definite statement contingent, yet the
context and translation as "when" seems to indicate certainty...

I checked Louw & Nida and BAGD and sure enough "when" is given as a
possible meaning. But this goes against the indefiniteness introduced by
AN (EAN).

Am I missing something here? I don't understand.

cheers,
Andrew S. Kulikovsky B.App.Sc(Hons) MACS
Software Engineer
CelsiusTech Australia
Module 6 Endeavor House
Technology Park
Adelaide Australia 5095
Ph: +618 8343 3837
Fax: +618 8343 3777
email: anku@celsiustech.com.au

Some people are so narrow-minded,
    they can see through a key hole with both eyes
Others are so open-minded
    their brain has fallen out.