Punctuation in Greek Unicals

Paul Wrote:

what are the indications of separation
between paragraphs in ancient forms of the written text?

Metzger notes on Page 26 that the old manuscripts were very sparse with punctuation. I
took a look at the facsimiles in Metzger and Aland.  Sinaiticus (4th Cent.) and Bodymer
Papyrus P75 (2nd Cent.) both have an occasional mark that looks like a colon just before a
break in the text. These breaks do not necessarily correspond with our modern editions
paragraphs.

The old manuscripts vary a lot in layout. Bezae has uneven lines because it is a diglot.
Sinaiticus is blocked but not precisely justified on the right. Bodymer p75 is justified on
both margins.

There is no substitute for looking at these documents. Metzger has a book of facsimiles
you might be able to acquire through Inter-library loan. I don't have the exact title,
something like *Manuscripts of the NT*, Bruce M. Metzger. His book called *The Text of
the NT* is not what your looking for, it has facsimilies but they are small.

Clay Bartholomew
Three Tree Point