Re: Logic biblical?

Carl W. Conrad wrote:

> At 4:17 AM -0400 6/6/97, Paul Dixon - Ladd Hill Bible Church wrote:
> >
> >The question then becomes, how do we know logic is trustworthy?  Simply
> >because it is biblical.  It is used in scripture consistently and
> >throughout.  It is assumed there and used there.  Thus, we can and should
> >utilize it.
>
> If Edgar fears the slings and arrows of outraged linguists, I may have
> reason to fear those of outraged philosophers and theologians. Yet I was
> struck by this assertion that logic "is biblical," and wondered whether I
> have rightly understood what is being said thereby. Of course, the
> follow-up sentence says clearly enough, "It is used in scripture
> consistently and throughout."
<snip>

I'll take a chance on a few slings and arrows here myself:

8 "For My thoughts [are] not your thoughts, Nor [are] your ways My
ways," says the LORD.
9 "For [as] the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher
than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts.
(Isaiah 55:8-9, NKJV+).

20 Where [is] the wise? Where [is] the scribe? Where [is] the disputer
of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
21 For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom did not
know God, it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached
to save those who believe.
(1 Corinthians 1:20-21, NKJV+).

Food for thought?

John M. Moe