Antecedent of AUTOIS in Acts 5:13

Having performed a "Cocktail Party" reading of Acts 5:13-14,  there seemed to be a flat
out contradiction between the two verses.

After long and deep reflection (2-3 minutes) I discovered that the problem seemed to
hinge on the antecedent of AUTOIS in Acts 5:13. I broke down and consulted my paltry
collection of commentaries and discovered that there was not universal agreement on
this subject. Some took AUTOIS to refer to H EKKLHSIA (my initial reading) and others OI
APOSTOLOI.

I am still leaning toward H EKKLHSIA because I always prefer the more difficult reading in
exegesis.

I'll take another Martini James, two olives please.

Clay Bartholomew
Three Tree Point