(no subject)

Michael Hildenbrand (echad@uclink.berkeley.edu)
Thu, 03 Jul 1997 09:00:12

Bill,
I looked over your website and find it very interesting. I am doing the
same kind of work on my dissertation in the Holiness Code. My guess is
that you are well aware of some of the literature in this regard, but since
you discuss 2 Peter below, I thought I might mention two early references
which go into chiasmus. The first is Jebb, _Sacred Literature_ (London:
T. Cardell & W. Davies, 1820). Jebb has numerous structures throughout the
book. The second author is Thomas Boys, _Tactica Sacra_ (London: T.
Hamilton, 1824). Boys has charts of Thesselonians, Peter and Philemon in
an appendix in the back. He also has another volume on the Psalms.
The unfortunate thing, one I find most distressing, is that they are not
very critical in their understanding of biblical structures. I will keep a
bookmark on your site and look it over on occasion. BTW, how in the world
did you ever get people to take third year Hebrew in a *church*. I'm lucky
to get them to read it in English!
I haven't downloaded any files yet, but I suspect when this dissertation
is completed, I will.

Under His Mercy,
Michael Hildenbrand