Re: Greek and culture (Python)

Steven Cox (scox@ns1.chinaonline.com.cn.net)
Thu, 3 Jul 1997 22:02:42 +0800

Hi John
How about "ekhousan pneuma Pythona" in Acts 16:16?
An obvious example but interesting for being Pagan
greek culture rather than Diaspora greek culture
which is arguably (?) more common in NT.

Dear b-greek list
Is it normal to introduce oneself?? This is my first day
and I'm partly answering this just to see if it works.
I am an ex-translator of Japanese now working for an oil
company in China. No longer a translator for a living but
still interested in *living* languages - particularly of
NT and LXX. No qualifications in Greek whatsoever.

Warmest regards
Steven