RE: Mark 7:19 - He Declared All Foods Clean

Hawkins, Mike (Mike.Hawkins@exchange1.echostar.com)
Mon, 7 Jul 1997 15:08:40 -0600

Ken,

The King James Version says the following:
[19] Because it entereth not into his heart, but into the belly, and
goeth out into the draught, purging all meats?

Notice that the KJV lacks the expression in question.

The RSV says this:
[19] since it enters, not his heart but his stomach, and so passes on?"
(Thus he declared all foods clean.)

Why is this in the RSV but not in the KJV?

Thank you.

Mike Hawkins