Re: 1 Jn 2:7-8, Contradiction?

Paul S. Dixon (dixonps@juno.com)
Thu, 25 Sep 1997 12:10:34 EDT

Jonathan:

Did you even read what I said about the difference between 2:7 and 2:8
being the different meanings or nuances of KAINHN? You certainly gave
the impression in your answer that you must have glossed right over it.
I know how easy it is to do that, so I am just asking you to read over
again what I said regarding BAG's discussion.

If I am correct, that there are two different meanings of KAINHN being
used, then the contradiction evaporates. Or, as you say, the riddle has
been solved.

Dr. Paul S. Dixon, Pastor
Wilsonville, Oregon
http://users.aol.com/dixonps