Re: an honest question...

Wed, 24 Sep 1997 10:24:15 -0500

At 11:46 AM -0500 9/24/97, Andrew Kulikovsky wrote:
>Filoi,
>
>I get the impression, from a number of posts on this list (and other
>lists as well) that being an inerrantist is being unscholarly - it's as
>though the attitude is well, "you're an inerrantist - that speaks for
>itself - you can't be a thinking scholar and an inerrantist". In other
>words "only a complete moron would be an inerrantist."
>
>Is this what people think - That's the impression I get anyway.
>
>Of course, there have been and still are many brilliant inerrantist
>scholars...

I've already seen Peter Phillips' response to this question. I only want to
say two things in response to Andrew's question:

(1) I think it is neither profitable nor appropriate to discuss the
doctrine of inerrancy on this forum.

(2) I think that inerrantists and scholars and those who view themselves
either as either or neither or both inerrantists and scholars ought to feel
equally welcome to participate in list discussions, and I don't think
there's any privilege attached to any one of those categories here.