Re: Hm 1:1 PANTA CWRWN, MONOS DE ACWRHTOS WN

Jeffrey Gibson (jgibson@acfsysv.roosevelt.edu)
Mon, 6 Oct 1997 08:44:04 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 6 Oct 1997, Jonathan Robie wrote:

>>Hm 1:1 PANTA CWRWN, MONOS DE ACWRHTOS WN
> >>
> >>I can't seem to find the acronym in the front matter (I'm sure it's there,
> >>but I can't find it quickly...), and have no idea what the context or the
> >>source is. Can anybody help me place this?

> >One would suspect it is the abbreviation for the Shepard of Hermes
>
> Thanks - so this equates to Hermas Mandate? Can someone tell me something
> about Hermas Mandate, I've never heard of it!

Doubtless others will have responded by now, but Hermas is divided into
two sections, Mandate being one of them. If you get a text of Hermas and
open it up, all will be clear.