Re: Ephesians 4:11?

Paul F. Evans (evans@esn.net)
Wed, 8 Oct 1997 08:08:37 -0400

Anton,

Just a thought.  Even though this is an aorist verb, it does not necessarily limit the endowment represented to the past.  It may limit the act, but does not limit the nature of the endowment.  IMHO the tense cannot dtermine this. Only the context can really determine whether or not Paul intended a permanent endowment or a temporary one.

Paul F. Evans
Pastor
Thunder Swamp Pentecostal Holiness Church
MT. Olive

E-mail: evans@esn.net
Web-page: http://ww2.esn.net/~evans