Re: BG-Netiquette

Fri, 10 Oct 1997 07:56:33 -0500

At 5:23 AM -0500 10/10/97, Jonathan Robie wrote:
>At 10:18 PM 10/9/97 -0700, #porson , netcom.com@ix.netcom.com wrote:
>>O felix hominum genus
>>si uestros animos amor
>>quo caelum regitur regat.
>
>Could you please translate that?

O blessed race of humankind
if the love whereby heaven is ruled
rules your hearts!

I had in mind replying with a simple KALWS LEGEIS! or the Latin equivalent
of that: BENE DICTUM!

Actually this is rather nice; I wonder what the source is. Perhaps I'll
post that question back.

I now have about 108 surveys and should finish the tabulation today. It's a
very interesting breakdown of list-membership--good spread of different
categories of persons, the two largest categories being laypersons and
academics, then roughly equal categories of pastors and seminary students.
Particularly interesting are the answers to #4 (peeves): our policies have
OVERWHELMING SUPPORT, and in fact Paul Dixon is the only one who complains
about their being too restrictive. Most people want a lot less theology in
discussions, not more.

It's been a busy week. Last night I took my intermediate Greek class to
dinner at a Greek restaurant pretty close to the campus (I succeeded in
getting my chairman to have the department pay the bill), and we really had
a nice time.

Enough for now, c