Re: Quality of the Septuagint - Which books?

Jonathan Robie (jwrobie@mindspring.com)
Sat, 11 Oct 1997 15:21:50 -0400

At 08:02 PM 10/10/97 -0400, Jim West wrote:

>All in all, the LXX reflects a text which in places is similar to the MT and
>in other places quite dissimilar. In short, there are no brief answers
>possible to your questions and the best I can do is point you to Eissfeldt.

In some places, the renderings of the LXX agree with some of the Dead Sea
Scrolls written in Hebrew, rather than the MT. Three examples of this are
discussed in this October's Christianity Today.

Jonathan

Jonathan Robie jwrobie@mindspring.com http://www.mindspring.com/~jwrobie
POET Software, 3207 Gibson Road, Durham, N.C., 27703 http://www.poet.com