Re: NUN+Aorist, NUN+imperfect

Don Wilkins (dwilkins@ucr.campus.mci.net)
Wed, 29 Oct 1997 16:36:42 -0800

At 02:12 PM 10/29/97 -0500, Jonathan Robie wrote:
>At 11:00 AM 10/29/97 -0800, Don Wilkins wrote:
>>This time I will remain true to my promises, and simply say that if anyone
>>wants us to continue this discussion (with no promises on my part that I
>>will continue it, though the spirit is willing) please let me know, and
>>we'll go on from there off-list.
>
>Why do you think this belongs off-list?
>
>Jonathan

Sorry about that, Jonathan. It's not that I think it belongs off list, it's
just that I want to comply with everyone's wishes and not go on to another
aspect debate. If you think we should continue the discussion on-list,
perhaps you and other listers would define the limits of the discussion with
respect to aspect. It would be nice to take another look at Mari's ideas,
for one thing; I have read two of her articles but not her dissertation.
You and I could discuss Mari's material privately, if not on list.

Don