Re: AGAMOS outside NT

Ward Powers (bwpowers@eagles.bbs.net.au)
Thu, 30 Oct 1997 11:45:49 +1100

At 15:21 97/10/28 -0600, Jeffrey Gibson wrote:

>OK group, here's what a TLG D disk search turns up. Sorry if anything
>seems garbled and is out of historical order. Copying references is not
>something that the search software seems it wants uses of the TLG to do:
>it's taken me the last three hours to do the transfer of the references
>of the saved search for AGAMO/AGAMW to a dos file that I could via my
>server.

[SNIP of the listing]

Thanks, Jeffrey, for that list, and the work involved.

By my count, that comes to 81 references.

Is there anyone, now, who is able to do/interested in doing an examination
of these references in context to see what light they may throw on the
question which arose on-list earlier? This was, Does AGAMOS refer (in
non-NT occurrences) (a) only to those who have never married; (b) only to
those who have been previously married - i.e., the widowed and divorced; or
(c) equally to those who have never married and to those who have
previously been married.

Regards,

Ward

Rev Dr B. Ward Powers Phone (International): 61-2-9799-7501
10 Grosvenor Crescent Phone (Australia): (02) 9799-7501
SUMMER HILL NSW 2130 email: bwpowers@eagles.bbs.net.au
AUSTRALIA.