Re: Expositor's GNT

Jonathan Robie (jwrobie@mindspring.com)
Tue, 18 Nov 1997 12:21:25 -0500

At 11:48 AM 11/18/97 -0500, Kevin W. Woodruff wrote:
>It has the Greek Text (Textus Receptus) at the top of the page and then
>textual varant readings below the Greek text and then a double column of
>commentary on the text in a verse by verse format. the writing is terse,
>compact, and informative

This sounds a bit like the Hort commentary on Revelation or the Swete commentary on Revelation. Are they similar in format?

What other commentaries give good, detailed analysis of the Greek text? I have tended to have a bit of an inductive bias, and until fairly recently, I have generally avoided using commentaries because I wanted to wrestle with the text myself first, and I've rarely found the time to do the next step.

I am now using Swete's commentary along with a few others for the Sunday School class I'm teaching on the Revelation. None of the others give as much detail on the Greek text as Swete. What other commentaries should I be looking at for the Revelation?

Jonathan