Re: Textbooks (Wenham)

Mark Goodacre (goodacms@m4-arts.bham.ac.uk)
Wed, 19 Nov 1997 09:02:08 GMT

Debbie Gaunt wrote:

>I know it is old fashioned and rather dry, but I still find Wenham
>an excellent NTG text book. Anyone else care to comment?

I still use Wenham for teaching elementary Greek and find it is much
appreciated by the students. I wrote an appreciation of it earlier
this year:

'"Wenham": An Appreciation of The Elements of New Testament Greek',
*Evangelical Quarterly* 69 (1997), pp. 3-6

There was also some discussion of Wenham on the list in June (which
developed into discussions of eating, drinking, taking or having
tea); I found the beginning of the thread in the archives at:
http://sunsite.unc.edu/bgreek/archives/97-05/msg00605.html

Good wishes

Mark
Dr Mark Goodacre M.S.Goodacre@bham.ac.uk