Re: Glossary

Perry L. Stepp (plstepp@flash.net)
Fri, 21 Nov 1997 05:39:45 -0600

Hello, all.

> From: Richard Lindeman <richlind@ix.netcom.com>
> Subject: Glossary

> I am starting to compile a glossary of Greek grammatical terms with very
> short explanations to each of them... just a sentence or two to
explain
> them. Is anyone aware of specific resources that I should consult in
this
> process?

I have always found the glossary of terms in Zerwick's *An Analysis of the
Greek New Testament* to be indispensable.

As part of our program at Baylor, Ph.D. seminars in the Greek text normally
require students to look up reams of material from the large grammars--BDF,
Robertson, and MHT3. As you might expect, these grammars tend to use some
pretty technical terminology, etc. Whenever I've run across difficult
linguistic/ grammatical terminology, I've looked first to Zerwick and
seldom been disappointed. (Of course, I use an older edition--I can't for
the life of me imagine a reason that the new edition of Zerwick wouldn't
include the glossary, but I can't guarantee it's there.)

Grace and peace,

Perry L. Stepp

(Permission granted to quote any or all and to name the writer.)

Pastor, DeSoto Christian Church, DeSoto TX
Ph.D. candidate in New Testament, Baylor University
Keeper of the Top-10 List, alt.fan.letterman
#1 Dallas Cowboy Homer
Check out the Hardline page
at http://hardliners.com

I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's
And his hair was perfect.

Ahoooooooooooo!