Re: Revelation commentaries

Paul S. Dixon (dixonps@juno.com)
Sat, 22 Nov 1997 11:44:28 EST

On Sat, 22 Nov 1997 18:02:45 +1100 McKay family <music@fl.net.au> writes:

snip

> Frank Ewers was his name and he was well-versed in Hebrew and
>Greek and had studied at the Hebrew University in Jerusalem [where the
>lectures were in German] He was warm, but not a joker. For our study of
>Revelation and eschatology, he recommended 2 books:
>Swete on Revelation and Sauer's book [Dawn of Wordl Redemption?]
>Swete and Sauer!

snip

We went out to a Chinese restaurant last night and had sweet and sour
chicken, so your "Swete and Sauer" joke went over well. Even had enough
left over to doggie bag the remains for a lunch today - yum.

Anyhow, am surprised no one has mentioned Chilton's commentary on
Revelation. He's preterist, of course, and has put together probably the
final word from the preterist view. Appears to be based upon sound Greek
exegesis. From the premill camp, Mounce and Ladd are my modern day
favorites. William Hendriksen's, "More Than Conquerors," is the classic
and succinct presentation of the amill position. If this one has not
been read, it is a must, just for starters.

Paul Dixon