RE: I need answers

Stephen C. Carlson (scarlson@mindspring.com)
Thu, 07 May 1998 23:15:22

At 05:35 5/7/98 -0400, Perry L. Stepp wrote:
>> Thats fine. But just because one author uses a word one way does not mean
>> that another uses it exactly the same way (and yes, John and 1
>> John are from different authors).
>
>Can't let that pass, can I.
>This assertion should not be stated as accepted fact, when, in fact, it is
>not.

But, Perry, I think there is one sense in which you might be willing
to consider that the use of a word in 1Jn5:16 and Jn14:14 to be from
different authors: Jn14:14 is a quotation of Jesus, 1Jn5:16 is not.

Stephen Carlson

--
Stephen C. Carlson                   : Poetry speaks of aspirations,
scarlson@mindspring.com              : and songs chant the words.