Re: Mark 2:23b

Jim West (jwest@Highland.Net)
Sun, 14 Jun 1998 12:28:34 -0400

At 04:29 AM 6/13/98 -0400, you wrote:

>I would like to see any of you translate Mark 2:23, particularly HRXANTO hODOV
>POIEIN TILLONTES.
>
>Thank-you.
>
>Regards,
(David Palmer)

IMHO,
"and it happened on the sabbath that they walked by the grain field, and
his disciples started to pick heads of grain on the way"

(less literal- and more english)- "So, on the sabbath as they walked by a
grain field, the disciples plucked some heads of grain as they went on their
way".

N.B.- I am not sure what you mean by your phrase "I would like to see any of
you translate..."- but I have not taken it in a negative tone and am certain
that it was not intended as a combative challenge.

Best,

Jim

Jim West, ThD

Adjunct Professor of Bible