[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Kamelios vs. kamilios

> Does anyone know anything about the kamelios/kamilios question in
> translating Matthew 19:24.  It makes more sense to assume he meant
> "rope," but corruption of the text is a little hard for me to swallow.
>
> Any of you have any insight into this?
>

> --Jeffrey Boris Holton
>
> hj46@lafayacs.bitnet (or...)
> hj46%lafayacs.bitnet@lafibm.lafayette.edu

It could well be a deliberate pun on someone's part somewhere in the oral
or written tradition.

Or it could be intentional.  [On a less serious note:] After all, how do
you get a camel through the eye of a needle?  By first putting it through a
meat grinder (or food processor) and straining it through the needle bit by
bit.  How's that for a starting point for a fire-and-brimstone sermon on
the evils of wealth?  ;-)

I apologize if I have offended any animal rights people.
--
Sterling G. Bjorndahl, bjorndahl@Augustana.AB.CA or bjorndahl@camrose.uucp
Augustana University College, Camrose, Alberta, Canada      (403) 679-1516