Univ of Virginia (804) 982-3718 wrk INTERNET: djm5g@virginia.edu
Box 512 Med Cntr (804) 924-5261 msg   BITNET: djm5g@virginia
C'ville VA 22908 (804) 296-7209 fax   IBM US: usuvarg8
*** Forwarding note from SMTP    --DMT03    10/13/93 12:50 ***
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1993 11:55:11 -0500 (CDT)
From: RHENSON <HIHENSON@merlin.nlu.edu>
To:   nt-greek-request@virginia.edu
Subject: Re:  Textbook Query

>Can anyone suggest a good history of NT scholarship which includes the
>new quest of the historical Jesus?  I'm looking for something suitable
>for an Intro. to the NT course.

>Brad Nystrom
>Dept. of Humanities
>Calif. State Univ. Sacramento
>nystromb@csus.edu

N.T. Wright has written an excellent work entitled <B> The New Testament
and the People of God <b>. by Fortress Press. This comprehensive work contains
the latest material concerning the historicity of the events of early
Christianity as well as literary criticism and possible solutions. His history
of the first Christian century is thorough and enlightening. I recommend it
highly.

Ralph Henson
Northeast Louisiana University
Monroe, Louisiana