[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Summer Greek in seminaries

#5. I think the inductive/deductive question should include BOTH, and
should be tailored for stressing whichever method meets the personality
style (sensing/intuitive) of the individual.

I would add #8.  Keep giving incentives, e.g., showing texts where
this lesson makes a difference in interpretation of a passage.  When
seminary students can see the goal of clear understanding of a passage
(or at least the problems in the passage that grammatical concerns will
sway the outcome), they persevere.

A biggie for many.  #0.  A brush-up prolegomena in English grammar.
I.e., parts of speech, sentence structure, diagramming: the basics.
Most of my classmates couldn't learn the Greek because it was taught
in a foreign language (formal English) they did not know.

--
Bill Chapman              | (601) 325-2042
BillC@Housing.MsState.Edu | Mississippi State, MS  39762