[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Negative Rom 7:15

I can take no credit for this because it was sent to me by Professor Rusch
at Augustana College in South Dakota. He agrees with me that the first OY
negates the clause rather than the verb, but that the two clauses must be
understood as an OYK -- ALLA construction: thus: "Not what I want do I do,
but what I hate I do."

(Incidentally, I could have replied to you more directly by picking up a
phone and dialing a local number, as you are less than a mile away from me.)

CARL W. CONRAD, C25001CC@WUVMD.BITNET OR C25001CC@WUVMD.WUSTL.EDU
Classics, Washington University, One Brookings Dr., St. Louis, MO 63130
Phone: (314) 935-4018