[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

An Aoristic Perfect Tense?

	Since we are "Greeking" again [the theology, philosophy, history
excursus was interesting!] I'd like to know if anyone can help me to
understand the so called "Aoristic Perfect" mentioned in some Advanced
Greek Grammars.
	I think that the Perfect tense is quite interesting and unique.
However, the concept of an aoristic perfect "has never set" [my emphasis
on continuing results!] to well with me.  In the little grammar "Syntax of
New Testament Greek" by Brooks and Winbery the examples they give of
John 12:29 and 2 Cor 2:13 are not totally convincing.
	Is there really an "aoristic perfect" in Koine Greek? Answers on
an intermediate level of Greek knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

Ken Hammonds  hammonds@netcom.com
West Angeles, Church of God in Christ
Los Angeles, CA