[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Copying parameters for early NT MSS

I would like to know answers to the following:

How often were NT MSS copied (per year)?
What was the expected life of a MS (years)?
What was the probability that a MS would be destroyed (per year)?
What was the probability that a MS would be discarded (per year)?
What was the probability of an error (per word)?
What was the probability of a correction (per word)?
What was the probability that a number of MSS would be used as exemplars?
How many copies of the NT MSS were made altogether?

I am particularly interested in the early period up to the advent of the
more formalised copying environment of monasteries (that is, up to about
400). Most of these questions will have probabilistic answers, such as an
average value and a variance. Please let me know if there are studies
which address any of these questions, or individuals who are likely to
know about them. Lastly, does anyone know whether Prof. Eldon J. Epp is
on Internet? If so, please send me his address directly.

Tim Finney.