[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A reminder of how to unsubscribe

Here is a reminder of how to unsubscribe:

Subject: LIST CHANGE: B-GREEK (Biblical Greek Studies) Conference
           (formerly NT-GREEK)

B-GREEK on MAJORDOMO@VIRGINIA.EDU

B-GREEK (Biblical Greek Studies) Conference

Contents of this information message:
   1. Description of the List
   2. How to subscribe
   3. Where to send commands and messages
   4. Please do not "reply" to messages from the list
   5. Majordomo list server commands
   6. Getting off of the list                 <==  PLEASE NOTE
   7. Acknowledgements

1. DESCRIPTION OF THE LIST

   B-GREEK is an electronic conference designed to foster
   communication concerning the scholarly study of the Greek
   Bible. Anyone interested in New Testament Studies is invited
   to subscribe, but the list will assume at least a working
   knowledge of Biblical Greek.  Those interested in learning
   to study the Bible more personally and less exclusively
   academic should join the BIBLE list

   Subscription to this conference is open to anyone interested.

2. HOW TO SUBSCRIBE

   You may subscribe by sending an e-mail message to

       MAJORDOMO@VIRGINIA.EDU

   with the following request as the text of the message.

       SUBSCRIBE B-GREEK

   If you want to subscribe to only a digested version of the
   list, then give the command

       SUBSCRIBE B-GREEK-DIGEST

   You can be subscribed to both the immediate version and the
   digested version of the list at the same time.

   This, the 'SUB ...,' must be part of the message; the subject
   line will be ignored. If you must request a subscription to a
   different address than your own return address you can give
   the command:
      SUBSCRIBE B-GREEK <address>
   but this requires operator intervention, and is therefore
   *not* appreciated.

3. WHERE TO SEND COMMANDS AND MESSAGES

   Remember two simple rules-of-thumb:

      If it's a command (SUBSCRIBE, UNSUBSCRIBE),
      send it to the list requester:
         MAJORDOMO@VIRGINIA.EDU

      If it's a message for general distribution to
      the members of the list, send it to the list:
         B-GREEK@VIRGINIA.EDU

4. PLEASE DO NOT "REPLY" TO MESSAGES FROM THE LIST

   Also, Please DO NOT USE THE REPLY function on your email's
   software when replying to the entire list.  Half of
   the software out there replies only to the original
   sender, and half of it replies to the list owner! NONE
   of it will send a message to the list as a whole, so
   don't use your software's reply function!

5. MAJORDOMO LIST SERVER COMMANDS

   Here are some additional MajorDomo listserver commands:
      HELP              Retrieve the automated help message
      INFO <listname>   Retrieve the general introductory
                           message for the named list
      LISTS             Show all the lists served by this
                           Majordomo server
      END               Stop processing commands - it is a good
                           idea to put this command as the last
                           command for any message to Majordomo
      WHO <listname>    Show the members of the named list

6. GETTING OFF OF THE LIST

   If you wish to get off the list follow these instructions:
   (You don't need to send both the B-GREEK and the B-GREEK-DIGEST
   versions unless you are subscribed to both.)

   Try sending the following message to majordomo@virginia.edu

      UNSUBSCRIBE B-GREEK
      UNSUBSCRIBE B-GREEK-DIGEST
      END

   If this does not work, you are probably subscribed under
   and address which is different than your return address.
   send the following command to majordomo@virginia.edu

      WHO B-GREEK
      WHO B-GREEK-DIGEST
      END

   Find which address is yours, and then send the
   following command to majordomo@virginia.edu

      UNSUBSCRIBE B-GREEK <address>
      UNSUBSCRIBE B-GREEK-DIGEST <address>
      END

   As a last resort, contact me at djm5g@virginia.edu, but
   there isn't anything that I can do other than what is
   listed here which you can do.

7. ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS

   The list is supported by the University of Virginia. Our thanks
   to their management and staff for permission to use their
   system for the list and for assistance in setting it up.  The
   opinions expressed do not reflect those of the University.

   The list is sponsored by the the Center for Christian Study, an
   independent Christian ministry at the University of Virginia.
   The Center for Christian Study has been dedicated to providing
   quality Christian Education since its inception in 1976.  The
   main purposes of the Center are to maintain a caring University
   outreach ministry and to encourage Chrisitians (and others) to
   think serious about the Christian faith. If you wish more
   information about the Center for Christian Study please write:

      The Center for Christian Study
      128 Chancellor Street
      Charlottesville, VA 22903
      (804) 295-2471

Questions about this conference may be directed to David John Marotta.

| David John Marotta                    Internet: djm5g@virginia.edu |
| Adjunct Faculty                        Prodigy: KCMR45A            |
| The Center for Christian Study     IBM US Mail: USUVARG8           |
| 128 Chancellor Street                    voice: (804) 982-3718     |
| Charlottesville, VA 22903             messages: (804) 924-5261     |
| (804) 295-2471                             fax: (804) 296-7209     |
EOF
end

David John Marotta, Medical Center Computing, Stacey Hall
Univ of Virginia (804) 982-3718 wrk INTERNET: djm5g@virginia.edu
Box 512 Med Cntr (804) 924-5261 msg  PRODIGY: KCMR45A
C'ville VA 22908 (804) 296-7209 fax   IBM US: usuvarg8