[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Pentecost responses (virgin birth)

> 3. The motive of fulfilling the "prophecy" alone explains the idea, the
> prophecy itself based on a mistranslation and a misunderstanding.

  I am aware that the word translated "virgin" in the passage in
Isaiah does not actually mean chaste.  I've always thought though,
that the promise made to Eve at the fall:
  Genesis 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman,
  and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head,
  and thou shalt bruise his heel.
was another prophecy of a virgin birth because ever other place
in scripture where "seed" is mentioned, it is provided by a man
and never by a woman.  It seems to me that it is very surprising
that the story was told this way when it seems to contradict the
outward physical nature of the production of a child (I'm assuming
that at that time, they had no knowledge of the egg that a woman
contributes to the beginning of life).

					Scott S. Bertilson