[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Use of imperfect in Luke 23:34

Phil,

I was intrigued with your handling of the verbs in Luke 23:34. YouUre
the first IUve seen use the aspectual understanding of the tenses that
Stan Porter proposed in his Sheffield dissertation and then popularized
in his Idioms of the Gk. NT. Would I be correct in assuming that was the
source of your position, or is this approach being advocated elsewhere
as well?

I worked through Idioms last year and am now in the thick of his
published diss. (if 160 pgs. can be called "the thick of it"!) as part
of a doctoral advanced Gk. grammar class.

Thanks,

Rod

Rodney J. Decker
Assistant Professor of Greek and Theology
Calvary Theological Seminary, Kansas City
(94-95 sabbatical explains the Univ. of Wisc. address!)