Subject: Predicate nominative in Koine
Author:  gewex@cais.cais.com_at_internet at X400PO
Date:    9/26/94 12:52 PM

I am looking for some current thinking on the use of predicate nominative
in Koine, although such thinking may take into account historical
perspectives on the subject. Is there a *best rule* ? Can we have any
certainty regarding word placement in specific instances where the
predicate nominative is used? I am particularly interested in Johannine
use, but are there any characteristic differences between the various NT
writers on this point - either from your own work or other sources you can
cite?

Regards,

Chuck Arnold