[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Magi

Hi -

To David Kennedy:

As far as the Messiah being born in Bethlehem - the scripture which is used to
support this is in Micah (ch 3 I think - no OT handy at the moment):

But thou, Bethlehem Ephrathah are not the least among my people
for one is to be born in you who is to be ruler in Israel, whose origins are
from old, from ancient days...

I am quoting from rusty memory so please excuse the errata. Now whether the
Jews of Jesus' day actually understood that the Messiah was to be born in
Bethlehem, or this scripture is used after the fact to substantiate that Jesus
was the Messiah,  I do not know.

Mary Ann Davidson
madavids@us.oracle.com