From: Moshe Shulman <mshulman@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 1994 04:23:19 -0800
Subject: Parthenos

I am interested in the history of this word. In the Greek OT it is used
in Isaiah 7:14, but it also appears in Genesis 3:43 in a place where it
is clear that it does not mean 'virgin' but a 'young women'. Further in
the NT it is clear that it is used as meaning virgin. I have also read
that it was modified in Is 7:14 in the Hexapla. Any information would be
appreciated.