From: Daniel Hedrick <hedrickd@ochampus.mil>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 1995 09:25:31 -0700
Subject: Oral Law

As a believer of Yeshua as the Messiah
I pass this information on to you.

Moshe Shulman and the Anti-Missionaries
will hopefully respond to complete our
understanding of the Oral Law.

Daniel

For those of you who have not seen God written as G-d and Lord
written as L-rd, it is simply an effort by certain believers to
keep the name of G-d from being destroyed.  As in a document
containing the word God...and then gets put into a shredder.
If it is written G-d. Then his name would not be destroyed.
Destroyed might be a strong word.  I do not know the true origin
of this belief...I would tend to believe that this is near
superstition...but consider it a FAQ.