From: Timothy Gaden <tjg@hermes.apana.org.au>
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 1995 16:14:26
Subject: *Pistis Christou* bibliography

Since this question has bene raised, I've taken the liberty of
posting my working bibliography in the hope that, (i) those who are
interested will be able to find the material more easily, and (ii) if
I've missed anything important, some one might tell me.

I hope this is helpful.

JOURNALS AND MONOGRAPHS

D.A. Campbell, *The Rhetoric of Righteousness in Romans 3:21-26* JNST Supp. 65, (Sheffield:  Sheffield Academic Press, 1992) esp. pp. 58-69, 214-218

C. Cosgrove, "Justification in Paul: A Linguistic and Theological Reflection"
*JBL* 106 (1987) 653-670

J.D.G. Dunn, "Once More, *Pistis Christou*" *JBL Seminar Papers 1991*
(Atlanta, GA: Scholars Press, 1991) pp. 731-744

R.. Harrisville, "*Pistis Christou* Witness of the Fathers" *Novum
Testamentum* 36 (1994) 234-241

D. Hay, "*Pistis* as 'Ground for Faith' in Hellenised Judaism and Paul"
*JBL* 108 (1989) 461-476

R.B. Hays, *The Faith of Christ* SBL Dissertation Series 52 (Chico, CA:
Scholars Press, 1983)

R.B. Hays, "*Pistis* and Pauline Christology:  What is at Stake?" *JBL
Seminar Papers 1991* (Atlanta, GA: Scholars Press, 1991)  pp. 714-729

M. Hooker, "*Pistis Christou*" *NTS* 35 (1989) 321-342

A.J. Hultgren, "The *Pistis Christou* Formulation in Paul" *Novum
Testamentum* 22 (1980) 248-263

L.T. Johnson, "Rom 3:21026 and the Faith of Jesus" *CBQ* 44 (1982) 77-90

L. Keck, "'Jesus' in Romans" *JBL* 108 (1989) 443-460

D.R. Lindsay, *Josephus and Faith: *Pistis* and *pisteuein* as Faith
Terminology in the Writings of Flavius Josephus and in the New
Testament* (Leiden: E,J, Brill, 1993)

D.R. Lindsay, "The Roots and Development of the *pist-* Word Group as
Faith Terminology" *JSNT* 49 (1993) 103-118  [Summary of Book]

B. Longenecker, "*Pistis* in Romans 3:25: Neglected Evidence for the
'Faithfulness of Christ'"  *NTS* 39 (1993) 478-480

P.T. O'Brien, "Justification in Paul and Some Crucial Issues of the
Last Two Decades" in D.A. Carson (ed), *Right With God: Justification
in the Bible and the World* (Torquay, UK: Paternoster Press, 1992) pp. 69-95

E.P. Sanders, *Paul* (Oxford: OUP, 1991) Esp. Chaps 6 + 7, pp. 45-77

E.P. Sanders, '"Paul", Chapter 5 in *Paul and Palestinian Judaism*
(London: SCM Press, 1977) pp. 431 ff

S. Stowers, "*ek pisteOs* and *dia tEs pisteOs* in Romans 3:30"
*JBL* 108 (1989) 665-674

Sam K. Williams, "Again *Pistis Christou*", *CBQ* 49 (1987) 431-447

Timothy Gaden - tjg@hermes.apana.org.au - Melbourne, Australia