From: Daniel Hedrick <hedrickd@ochampus.mil>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 1995 06:38:57 -0700
Subject: Day of the Lord vs Gentiles

I was witnessing to Jehova Witnesses this weekend and
they made an astonishingly false claim.

The suggested that the "Day of the Lord" found in the
New Testament actually can be either the Day of the Lord or
the Day of Jehova.  The scriptures for Day of the Lord
have been fulfilled and the Day of Jehova have not been
fulfilled.

I pointed to Acts 2:20--That is the Day of Jehova and has
not been fulfilled.

Luke 21:24 "Day of the Gentiles" has been fulfilled as of 1914.
yet Luke 21:25-27 has not been fulfilled.

As soon as I began to ask pointed questions such as greek
proof texts (NT) that destinguish the different days and also
scriptural evidence that the day of the gentiles was fulfilled
they said that they needed to study.

SO...

If you could provide any background for the Day of the Lord
and the Day of the Gentiles...Please forward your comments
to me.

Daniel