From: Doug Hanley <dhanley@accessnv.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 1995 22:57:01 -0800
Subject: Question on homothumadon

I have a question on homothumadon (strongs#3661) and one of it's root words
thumos (Str# 2372).
It is used 12 times in the NT, 10 of which are in Acts.
How strongly is the passion, rushing etc. portrayed by thumos?
What Classical meanings did it portray (thumos) and the compound (or was
Homothumadon a word unique to Christian usage?)

Thank you for whatever input you might have.

Doug Hanley

Doug Hanley     dhanley@accessnv.com