From: Kent Sutorius <kassutor@clark.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 1995 00:44:57 +0500
Subject: Re: "This generation ...": Mk 13:34 par.; Mk 9:1 par.

David,
        I beg to differ with your statement:

  Jesus was in the temple at Jerusalem "teaching" the doctors because
>he was learned from Alexandria, the center of learning of the Mediterranian
>world.  This is how He "knew so much."

        Jesus would have received nothing of value from Alexandria.  He
"knew so much" because of Isaiah 50:4-7.  Jesus himself said he did nothing
and spoke nothing apart from what the Father expressed to him (Jn.5:19,20;
8:28,29 etc.)

        Jesus was under a divine obligation to the will of God to the very
smallest details.  This is reflected in the Greek word "dei" (Lk. 2:49; Jn.
4:4 for example).  If he even had opportunity to receive instruction in
Alexandria it would have been more in the form of James 3:15.

        As far as Jesus going to India - I've never seen the proof.  Why?
Because it doesn't exist, because it didn't happen.

Kent Sutorius