From: Ken Penner <kpenner@unixg.ubc.ca>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 1995 20:34:42 -0700
Subject: Software for learning Greek.

A week or two ago, I asked if any of you knew of software that would be useful in teaching or learning first year New Testament Greek. I'm sure there is a lot more software out there. For example, no one mentioned MemCards, the program I used to learn vocabulary.

Here is the summary of the suggestions I received so far:

>From "David Cashmore"<cashmore@actrix.gen.nz>:
Mounce's FlashWorks and ParseWorks

>From "BOEMISCH FRANZ"<KLBOEH01@fsuni.rz.uni-passau.de>:
Abigail's Bible Software FAQ

>From "Tim Staker"<Timster132@aol.com>:
Parsons' Greek Tools
Pearce's Online Bible

>From "Martin Jackson"<JacksonMH@aol.com>:
Hermeneutika's BibleWorks for Windows

The products I'm looking for are more along the lines of FlashWorks,  ParseWorks and Greek Tools than Bible programs.

I've heard of a Greek-learning CD-ROM package with animation and voice synthesis. Has anyone else seen or used it?
Ken Penner
Regent College