From: GGoolde@aol.com
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 1995 01:24:51 -0400
Subject: Re: B-Greek assumptions?

Thank you, Carl, for your thoughts.

I agree concerning both the intended focus and breadth of this list.  While
this is not primarily a forum to convert others to my "faith-stance," that
stance will, from time to time, become evident in the assumptions I bring to
the Sacred Text.

As to titles and affiliations, I personally reject sacerdotalism and
understand the Scripture to teach the priesthood of all who place their faith
in Christ.  But I admit that those titles and affiliations help to place a
person's comments in a perspective, a frame if you please, that becomes
helpful since I do not know most of you personally.  So I use the titles and
affiliations as an accommodation to help you know  where I'm coming from.  I
really don't want anyone to be impressed.  God surely isn't!

I have been on this list only a few days and have read more than I have
written.  I appreciate insightful exegesis of the text and thank all of you
who share your labor in the Word with others.

George Goolde
Dean, Graduate Studies, San Diego Bible Seminary